Date : 2017-03-29 09:00:00
Address : Protea Hotel Parktonian, 120 De Korte Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg
The Foundation for Human Rights, in partnership with the South African Human Rights Commission, is hosting a Roundtable on Business and Human Rights, on 29 March 2017 in Johannesburg.
The objectives of the event are to:
- Discuss domestic frameworks and their effectiveness in enforcing human rights in the business sector;
- Discuss the progress in the development of the treaty process towards an international binding legal framework to protect human rights abuse by business and to provide access to remedy for victims;
- Obtain input from various government departments on the development of mechanisms monitor compliance with human rights norms by the business sector;
- Provide a forum for different stakeholders to share various experiences and the challenges thereto of pursuing a human rights based approach to business and human rights;
- Different role players to outline how they have attempted to operationalise the legislative and regulatory frameworks regarding business and human rights, in their work streams; and
- Explore the possibilities of the adoption of a mechanism that will monitor business compliance with human rights principles.
Venue: Protea Hotel Parktonian, 120 De Korte Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg
Event Registration Form
Please fill out the form below to apply to register for this event.